Monday, October 12, 2009

Homemade pop tarts!

I found this awesome recipe for homemade pop tarts. Now I don't normally even like pop tarts but I was intrigued and was pleasantly surprised. they we amazing!!!! Since many of you were interested in this recipe I thought I would post it here. It is super cheap, and super easy.

ingredients:
Pie Crust (store bought or homemade)
Any type of preserves or jellys

preheat the oven to 450 degrees
cut the ends off the crust to make a square
cut into fourths
place a spoonful of preserves in the middle and spread
fold over and close the edges with the tines of a fork
place in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes

you can make a frosting by mixing 1 and 1/4 cups of powder sugar and milk. start with 2Tb and add more depending on consistency desired. add sprinkles :)

No comments: